Monday, March 31, 2008

A Day in the Life of Bowden


Ok so today I had to go down to the office to do some training. Because it has been kinda cold here in Richfield I let Bowden out for a couple of hours before I had to go, knowing that he would be couped up in his kennel for the 4 hours while I was down at the office. I did not want to leave him outside chained up, which is what I would normally do if I was gone for that long, because it snowed last night, yes you read that correct it snowed ughhh... I was so mad, so anyway at it was kinda cold outside. So right before I left I got him set up in his Kennel and headed out.


On my way home I was feeling bad because he had been stuck in there for the last 4 hours and I thought to myself, I will go home and take him for a walk and play fetch with him to make up for it. (He loves, loves, loves to play fetch and tug of war).


So I walk in the house and go into the living room and see magazines shredded up and scattered everywhere. I did not dawn on me right away that it was him, so I was real confused. Then it popped into my mind that he must have somehow gotten out of his kennel. So I start calling for him and the next thing I know he comes running down the hallway from the bedrooms. Now Bowden is potty trained but what puppy can hold it for 4 hours when he is not in his crate. Probably not any, and not Bowden. I started to go down into the rooms to see what other crazy messes he had created, and found where he had decided to relieve himself. (Thank Goodness for the spotbot!!!!! and a mop and some hot, heavily cloroxed water.)


I am still not sure why i am not just raging mad at him and ready to give him away, but I just found it amusing. You can see a picture above of the torn apart magazines he had so much fun with. Luckily other than the potty mishaps this is all that he got into during his day at home on the loose!!


5 comments:

Cambria, Ryan, Taeg, Tripp and Brigg said...

:0!! at least you've got a good attitude about it :). that's kinda like kids....sometimes taeg and tripp make the WORST messes but we still love'em :).

Brittany said...

That is so funny....on this end anyway! I'm sure it wasn't fun cleaning up after his home alone adventure.:) I'm sure he was happy to see you when you got home and show you what he did!

Laici said...

Cami's right, he's just prepping you for kids! I have the funniest email about whether to have kids or get a dog and how comparable they are in taking care of them. If I can find it I'll email it to you.

Tiffany P. said...

Les, it's a no brainer-get rid of the damn dog.

Cori Carpenter said...

It's crazy what kind of damage dogs can do! My neighbors dog freakishly ate their entire Bible while they were out! Crazy! Hey, it's good that you can laugh about it though!