
So you know when crazy things happen to other people and they tell you about it and you think to yourself, "that could never happen to me"
Well it happened to me!!!
Last night I logged onto our wellsfargo account to look at some stuff and noticed that our balance seemed off so I scrolled down and saw a suspicious looking check amount. At first I thought maybe it was just our taxes finally being deposited but when i viewed the check boy was I wrong. There was a check written out to "Curves for Women". Somebody had written a check for a large some and forged my signature. The strange thing was the check number they used was still in the checkbook I actually just started using.
Well because it was late last night I knew there was nothing I could do about it until in the morning so I went to bed. (Let's just say I had a hard time sleeping, I just could not stop thinking about how this might have happened.) So this morning I told Dallin about it and was like "Let's go pull it up I want to see it." So again we went and pulled up our account and what do you know but the balance has gone WAY down from what it was, so we scrolled down and there was another huge check fraudulently (SP?) written.
We immediately went down to the bank to find out what we needed to do about this. Luckily the lady there was very helpful and helped us submit a Fraud Claim and got us all set back up. They told us it looked like someone hacked into our account online and had scanned and copied different parts of checks and made new checks to use.
So when you hear of crazy stories of things happening to people remind yourself not to think, "That could never happen to me" My new motto is "NEVER say NEVER".
Note: Just as a thought for those of you that do use online banking it might be a good idea to go in and change your username and password every so often.
Oh ya and if you can't tell the picture is of a guy making fake checks. =)
Thursday, May 29, 2008
Never say Never
Posted by Leslie Redd at 5:04 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




8 comments:
Thanks for the pic info:). last year the same thing happened to me, only someone was using my debit card which was wierd cause I had my card with me, but I got all these charges to Blockbuster, and I don't even have a Blockbuster account, needless to say, I was a nervous wreck, and it made me feel sooo violated. It's seriously so scary. I am going to go change our username right now!!!
That's crazy that it happened to you. I always think those kinds of things will never happen to me. Good lesson to learn but I'm sorry that you had to go through that. I think I'll go change my passwords now.
Oh my gosh!! That totally sucks and is way scary!! Ever since Bryce and I got our UHaul stollen when we moved to Omaha I have a hard time trusting people! It's sad to say that but you just never can be sure. Doesn't it just make you feel violated?? That's how we felt. I can't believe the things people do to make a buck that's not theirs!!! I'm so sorry this happened to you guys!!
Oh no. (That "oh no" is Phoebe style). Les, that totally sucks! I hate people that violate other's lives. Who do they think they are that they don't have to earn their money like the rest of us? What makes them entitled to your money? What, just because she didn't want to run her butt on the roads around town like the rest of us have to or do jumping jacks, she thought she deserved a personal trainer at Curves? That seems kinda dumb anyway, isn't it a membership place? Very traceable. I hope you guys find out who did it, or at least that the police do! So sorry this happened!
Les..That is scary. Did they fix everything? Ha Ha your dad would say that about your dog. We all know that Gorg will be pushing one out sooner than later...ha ha jk gorg
Wow that totally sucks! I'm always afraid of that, but like everyone, I never think it will happen to me. Guess I shouldn't be so careless with my online banking!
Wow Les, Aren't you so glad that you actually use internet banking though, so that you could catch it early. People like our parents or grandparents may not have caught it for weeks. I hope it all works out for you and it doesn't have any consequenses for you later on. Can they find out who did this and press charges?
hey les, did you guys find out who did it? Francis has all sorts of ideas about how it all could have gone down. I love the scary guy on your page! And the disclaimer!
Post a Comment